Via The Daily Monitor: No new Ebola case, says Ministry of Health. Excerpt:
The Ministry of Health yesterday said there has not been any new confirmed Ebola case countrywide since August 3.
“There are no new confirmed cases as the people being referred to were confirmed by August 3rd and are admitted in the acute section of the isolation facility. All samples tested since August 3rd since August 3rd have tested negative of,” the ministry said in a statement signed by Dr Denis Lwamafa.
The statement further explained: “The Ministry of Health wishes to further clarify that since the onset of the epidemic, 10 cases have been confirmed to have Ebola. Of these, three died, three are still admitted at Kagadi Hospital isolation facility while four recovered from the deadly contagious disease. All the confirmed cases are from Kibaale District as the samples taken from other parts of the country tested negative.”
Contrary to this though, Dr Dan Kyamanywa, the Kibaale District health officer, told this paper on Monday that three people had tested positive for the deadly Ebola virus, increasing the number of confirmed cases to 13 since the epidemic was officially declared.
The disease has so far claimed 16 lives inclusive of the 13 that died before the epidemic was officially declared.