Thanks to Lucie Lecomte for this link to the Hong Kong government website: Close-contacts free of H7N9. Click through for a one-minute video of Dr. Ko.
Seventeen close contacts of the Indonesian woman involved in Hong Kong’s first confirmed H7N9 case, have tested negative for the virus.
Secretary for Food & Health Dr Ko Wing-man told the media today they include the domestic helper’s employer, family members, patients in her Tuen Mun Hospital ward, and a 33-year-old Indonesian friend who travelled with her to Shenzhen last month.
He said the helper is receiving intensive care at Queen Mary Hospital and her condition remains critical.
Those not showing symptoms will be sent to the Lady MacLehose Holiday Village in Sai Kung for medical surveillance.
Dr Ko said the Centre for Health Protection has so far traced more than 200 people that may be associated with the case, including the 17 close contacts.
Infection control measures are being enhanced at hospitals, live chicken stalls in markets, chicken farms, and boundary checkpoints, he added.
A dedicated page been set up to educate the public on preventing avian influenza, he said, urging people to enhance their personal hygiene.
He said the Government will monitor developments.
Update: This response is not improvised. Lucie also sends the link to this November 7 report on stronger monitoring against H7N9.