Via The Guardian, a report from The Associated Press: Mexico radiation scare: six suspects released from hospital. Excerpt:
Six people tested for possible radiation exposure in Mexico have been released from hospital but remain under detention as suspects in the theft of a truck carrying highly radioactive cobalt-60, officials said on Friday.
Of the detained men, aged 16 to 38, only the 16-year-old showed signs of radiation exposure and he was in good health, a spokeswoman for Hidalgo's health department said, speaking on condition of anonymity because she wasn't allowed to discuss the case.
The six were detained on Thursday as part of the investigation and taken to the general hospital in Pachuca for testing.
After being cleared by health authorities on Friday, the men were turned over to federal authorities in connection with the case of the cargo truck stolen on Monday at gunpoint outside Mexico City. The cobalt-60 it was carrying was from obsolete radiation therapy equipment.
Officials have not said what roles the six allegedly had in the theft.
Hidalgo state health minister Pedro Luis Noble said earlier on Friday the men suffered from skin irritations and dizziness, but that none were in serious condition. Only one was vomiting, a sign of radiation poisoning.