Via Antara: Mount Sinabung eruption claims 15 casualties.
Mount Sinabung eruptions casualties due to volcanic ashes that spread in Sukameriah Village of Karo District, N Sumatra on Saturday afternoon rose from 14 to 15 on Sunday.
"Another victim named Surya Sembiring from Guru Kinayan Village who was previously hospitalized in Efarina Etaham Hospital for burn injuries died on Sunday," Coordinator in Sinabung Disaster Media Center Jhonson Tarigan told Antara here Sunday.
According to Jhonson, Surya died in hospital on Sunday at 08.00 AM and the family has taken the body using governments ambulance.
"The disaster has claimed 15 casualties, 14 male and one female," Jhonson said.
Casualties based on the list from Mount Sinabung eruption included Surya Sembiring from Guru Kinayan Village, Alexander Sembiring from Kabanjahe, Daud Surbakti and Dipa Nusantara from Berastagi.
Others were David from Berastagi, Mahal Surbakti from Guru Kinayan Village, Teken Sembiring from Guru Kinayan, and Santun Siregar from Aceh province also included in the list.
The officer said casualties Fitriani Boru Napitupulu from Aceh province, Asran Lubis from Aceh and Marudut Brisnu Sihite from Aceh and a reporter from Medan city, Rizal Syahputra, were also included on the list.
The disaster also claimed the lives of Daniel Siregar from Aceh, Zulpiandi Mori of Aceh, and a photographer from Medan Thomas Sembiring.
Jhonson said there are three victims who suffered burns and currently are being treated in Evarina Hospital. They are Sahat Sembiring of Guru Kinayan Village, Erwin Milala from Sukameriah Village and Doni Sembiring from Sukameriah Village.
The Geological Disaster Mitigation and Volcanologist Center has increased Mount Sinabung status from standby to the alert level on Sunday at 10.00 AM.
The agency increased the level of status due to the potential of material spread that could reach four kilometers from the crater. The agency also urged people in radius of 5Km to be evacuated.