Via The Star Online: Tourist with H7N9 now in normal ward. Excerpt:
KAJANG: The Chinese tourist who made headlines for being the first H7N9 avian influenza A patient in the country has been transferred to a normal ward, said Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam.
He said the woman, who was hospitalised on Feb 7 at the intensive care unit, would be sent back once her condition improved further.
“She is now in a normal ward in Kota Kinabalu. Once she is stable, we will send her back,” he said here yesterday after the Jom Hapus Aedes programme.
Dr Subramaniam said there had been no new cases of the virus in the country, adding that those who came into contact with the tourist have been given a clean bill of health.
It was reported that the 67-year-old woman had purportedly complained of fever, cough, body aches and fatigue four days before her arrival in Kuala Lumpur from Guangdong on Feb 3. She then flew to Sandakan before arriving in Kota Kinabalu on Feb 6.
The woman was reportedly referred to a private hospital on Feb 7, and was tested positive on Feb 11.
Dr Subramaniam has previously said there was no cause for panic as the risk of human transmission was very low.