WHO has published Human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) virus – update. Excerpt:
On 14 March 2014, the National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC) of China notified WHO of two additional laboratory-confirmed cases of human infection with avian influenza A(H7N9) virus.
Details of the cases reported on 14 March are as follows:
• An 86 year-old man from Hefei City, Anhui Province. He became ill on 7 March, was admitted to a hospital on 10 March and is currently in a critical condition.
• A 57 year-old man from Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province. He became ill on 8 March, was admitted to a hospital on 13 March and is currently in a severe condition.
The Chinese Government has taken the following surveillance and control measures:
• strengthen surveillance and situation analysis;
• reinforce case management and treatment; and
• conduct risk communication with the public and release information.