Via The Globe and Mail, an AP report: Ebola in Guinea: WHO ramps up efforts, doctors return to clinic after mob attack. Excerpt:
Médecins sans frontières (Doctors Without Borders) is again caring for Ebola patients at a Guinean health centre it fled when an angry crowd attacked last week.
Spokesman Sam Taylor said Thursday the organization was back at work in Macenta, where a mob accused aid workers of starting the outbreak. Guinea has never before had a case of Ebola. Doctors Without Borders said a few patients have recovered and were discharged this week.
Meanwhile, health workers will fan out in Guinea’s capital of Conakry to try to identify people who may have been exposed to the deadly Ebola virus, the World Health Organisation said on Thursday.
Tracing people in a city of around two million who may have had physical contact with infected people is harder than in the epicentre of the outbreak, Guinea Forestiere, some 900 kilometres from the capital, the United Nations agency says.