Via Le Jour, an MSF report: Ebola: MSF resumes operations in Macenta. Excerpt from a Google translation:
Médecins Sans Frontières has been gradually resume its activities in the Macenta Prefecture, after being forced to suspend operations at the end of last week after protests from some of the local population.
"Several days of negotiations with local and regional authorities, youth leaders and village elders have completed successfully. We got a very strong commitment that such events will not happen again and we were reassured that we could continue our work safely," said Corinne Benazech, MSF head of mission in Guinea.
Last Friday, stones were thrown at cars from MSF and MSF treatment center where patients suffering from the disease were treated Ebola. Nobody was injured in the incident. Part of the local community protested and accused MSF of bringing the Ebola virus in Guinea.
Since the suspension of activities, patients were treated in the center supported by the staff of the Ministry of Health, but now MSF is able to come back and provide additional medical and technical support in the fight against the disease.
"We understand the concerns of the local community. Ebola disease was unknown in Guinée. We understand the fear generated by this disease, and the means of protection used by health personnel to combat it are quite impressive. I think is set, and when I say all I mean the community of Elders, religious leaders, community leaders, youth, women's groups, health authorities and other partners, that we will come to end . "said Benazech.