Via Guineénews.org: Haemorrhagic fever: 12 patients hospitalized in Conakry and Guékédou and 290 contacts followed. The Google translation:
In a press release dated April 24, 2014, sent to the media this Saturday, April 26, the President of the Republic announced that there was still 12 inpatient Ebola and 290 contacts who have not yet reached the 21 days followed.
For the whole country, "the date of 24 April 2014, 12 patients are currently hospitalized," said the statement, adding that these twelve patients are admitted to treatment centers in Conakry where there are 5 patients and Guékédou 7 patients still hospitalized.
On contact, release informs us that "878 had been identified across the country and followed. Among these contacts, 588 people have completed 21 days of follow-up and therefore outputs the initial list of contacts," the statement from the presidency; leaving the reader infer that there are still 290 contacts that are still followed! And locations of monitoring these ongoing contacts (290) are no longer shown with this statement.
Other information provided by this communication from the President of the Republic is the hospital discharge of 21 cases "cured" Ebola with "twelve (12) in Conakry, seven (7) Guékédou and two (2) Macenta.
Moreover, "six (6) new cases were reported among contacts and registered under surveillance," says the statement, adding that there-among these six new cases of Ebola haemorrhagic fever, "1 and 5 cases in Conakry Guékédou case. " This, from April 17 to 24, as if to say that severe hemorrhagic fever has not yet left our country.
Finally, the press informs us that "the date of 24 April 20014, Guinea has recorded 115 confirmed cases of Ebola haemorrhagic fever, including 72 deaths." The decline of these statistics is due to the authorities' decision to take only confirmed cases and no longer consider the suspects, while all first cases of death had not been confirmed, since not even having tested.