On the #Corona hashtag, the KSA MOH just posted a tweet leading to the longest single news release I've ever seen from them: Press Release regarding the validity of Jeddah (Corona). As usual with Arabic, Google Translate is more like Garble Translate, but here's an excerpt. I hope the MOH posts an English version soon, or that one of the English-language Saudi papers picks it up; it the Arabic media seem to be already on it.
Further to the press releases issued on the status of the virus Coruna in Jeddah province, the Directorate of Health Affairs in Jeddah would like to reassure everyone that the health situation for the virus Corona stable and there is full coordination between all the sectors concerned and the continuous follow up of His Highness the Emir of Makkah Region and HH Governor of Jeddah and the Minister of Health, where work continues epidemiological investigation and to take all precautionary measures to deal with the virus, where it was easing the pressure on King Fahad General Hospital to refer cases of Red Crescent to other hospitals, which provided an opportunity to take action cleansing gradual emergency department, which lasts for 24 hours only, as Todd Directorate and the clarification of the truth Briefing everyone what has been taken from the scientific procedures in accordance with the norms of medical
Since the first case of infection with Corona in Jeddah, according to the following:
immediately upon receipt of notification suspicion of the first case of a nurse at King Abdul Aziz was taken precautionary measures according to the plan prepared for them and are as follows:
• been running tests confirmatory of a nurse referred to him and it turned out it positive for the virus Corona.
• was to activate the operations room Koruna, which had previously been identified since the emergence of the disease in the Kingdom, which operates 24 hours a day in order to receive reports of suspected in all health facilities both public and private in Jeddah
• The support operations room Coruna number 6 teams moving every team consists of (a doctor and a technician epidemiology and technical nursing) in order to communicate with the contacts of confirmed cases and the work of epidemiological investigation and the work of preventive measures for them.
• was the work of a full scan for workers at King Abdulaziz and contacts, and it turns out that there is no positive case Other.
• was lifting the state of preparedness and awareness of all the preventive measures of the corona virus.
• has been communicating with the people of the status of the patient Ardhiya South and work tests for all contacts and proved to be negative.
appeared suspected case later to one of the workers at King Fahd General in Jeddah has been running tests confirmatory and proved to be positive for the virus Koruna.
• was the work of a full scan for workers at King Fahd General in Jeddah and it turns out there are some cases of working contacts emerged as symptoms on three cases of them only while did not show symptoms at rest, which means they are not the source of infection.
• has been relieve pressure on the King Fahad General Hospital to refer cases of Red Crescent hospitals other than provided an opportunity to take action sterilization gradual emergency department.
• been assigned to the team coach on communication skills and has information about the disease and how to spread and deal with the cases in order to inform patients and contacts to make them aware and to reduce the spread God forbid.
And it goes on. To my recollection, this is the most detailed account of how they're handling MERS that the Saudis have ever issued. I take this to mean the Jeddah HCWs, and maybe the whole Saudi medical system, is up in arms about what's been going on there. Either that, or the minister of health has had a sudden change of heart.