As soon as I posted the item just below, I checked Egypt Independent and found this report from Anadolu and MENA: Heath Ministry: First death case of Coronavirus not true.
The Health Ministry said Monday that reports about the death of a Coronavirus-infected case in Egypt were untrue.
An official source at the ministry told state-run MENA said no confirmation was made yet that the virus was behind the death of a lady in Port Said.
The official said samples from the deceased had been sent for analysis and results were yet to be declared.
Turkish news agency Anadolu quoted medical sources as saying on Monday that a patient doubted to be infected with Coronavirus died, becoming the first case to die of the disease.
Health Ministry announced on Sunday that all 57 cases that were doubted to be infected with the virus last week were examined and that samples were taken from them and sent to the ministry’s central laboratories. All of them were proven negative.
In a statement, the ministry said no cases were recorded in Egypt after the one declared on Saturday, who came from Saudi Arabia.
Health Minister Adel al-Adawy earlier announced Egypt to be clear of the Coronavirus and that only one case was discovered, while the rest were negative.
He indicated that all legal measures were taken and that citizens willing to perform Umra or pilgrimage were warned and advised to postpone it to the coming year after number of infections in Saudi Arabia increased recently.