Via the Facebook page of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation: Ebola Update July 19, 2014.
• Ninety-six (96) patients have survived the disease and have been discharged
• For the 18th July 2014, a total of 12 samples were received by the Laboratory: Kailahun (1), Kenema (6), Koinadugu (4) and Bo (1). Two of these samples are positive all from Kenema, 9 are negative while 1 is pending Lab result.
• Eleven (11) of the 12 pending results from the 17th July, 2014 are negative while 1 is still for re-testing. The previous samples that were in for re-sampling are still under processing
• The cumulative number of Laboratory confirmed cases are 399 and 131 confirmed death
• Seventy-five(75) patients are currently admitted at the Kenema and Kailahun Isolation Units
• NB: The Chief medical Officer, other national MoHS staff & WHO are to meet with personnel of DHMT Kenema, DHMT Kailahun, Kenema Lab and Kailahun Lab today
• The Association of Sierra Leone Commercial Banks donated 150 million Leones to the Ministry of Health and Sanitation as it contribution towards the fight against the Ebola Viral Disease