Via the Facebook page of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, Sierra Leone:
• 133 patients have survived the disease and have been discharged from the treatment centers in Kenema and Kailahun.
• The cumulative number of Laboratory confirmed cases are 518 and 181 confirmed deaths
• Seventy-three (73) patients are currently admitted at the treatment centers in Kenema and Kailahun
• Our Hero, father, friend and brother Dr. Shiekh Umarr Khan has been laid to rest today at the Kenema Lassa Fever Hospital ground, which has been renamed Shiekh Umarr Khan Lassa Fever Hospital by the Mayor and people of Kenema District in appreciation for his dedication and service to the district and country at large. May his Soul Rest in Peace.
• The Minister of Health and Sanitation, the Chief Medical Officer and senior directors of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation are off to Conakry Guinea to harmonize the response plans with other Manor River Union member countries ahead of the meeting of Presidents of Manor River Union countries tomorrow to endorse and officially launch to harmonized plan. Today’s meeting began with the technical session in the morning, followed by the ministerial meeting in the afternoon. The finalized plan will be presented at the Presidential meeting tomorrow for endorsement and official launch.
These confirmed numbers (518 cases, 181 deaths) do not match those of WHO, which in its update earlier today reports 473 confirmed cases and 195 deaths as of July 27. I have no idea why the numbers are discrepant.