Via ReliefWeb, a report from the government of Liberia: Liberia Ebola SitRep no.102. Click through to download the full report. The summary, read attentively, is horrifying:
• No space at any of Treatment Units.
• ETU at ELWA has stock-out of Loperimide, anti-malaria drug, hoods, duct tape and cefixame. PPEs will also run out in 5 days
• 1126 out of 1247 contacts (90%) were seen by the four tracing teams
• JFK, ELWA-2 and ELWA-3 are currently full to capacity.
• Currently, there are 38 bodies that need to be removed from ELWA.
• The West Point transit center was reopened and took in two cases – as of late afternoon on the 25th. Food and water were delivered to them
• The tracing team has been working for the past three days to generate line lists for contacts in West Point. So far, 129 contacts have been listed, and the contact tracing team has identified 32 deaths (occurring over the period from July 29th to August 24th) that are suspected of being Ebola. The team is working to complete investigation forms for these deaths.
River Gee County
• Holding area has been identified in Kanweaken but needs to be furnished
• County Task Force on Ebola prevention and control has been formed and is actively carrying on awareness across the county
• Burial site has been identified in collaboration with local authorities.
• Health workers are in dire need of training
• Materials/logistics needed have not arrived in county
• Tracers are to be recruited and trained
• Transporting specimen is a huge logistical challenge
• Plan to conduct thorough contact tracing and follow-up visits