I don't often see much detailed coverage of Ebola in Guinea any more, so this report in Aujourd'hui en Guinee is welcome: Status of Ebola virus as of August 16, 2014. The Google translation, reformatted:
Until the date of August 14, 2014, Guinea has recorded 523 cases including 380 deaths, as follows:
• Confirmed cases: 378 cases including 245 deaths,
• probable cases: 133 cases including 133 deaths and
• suspects: 12 including 2 deaths.
103 patients were discharged cured different treatment centers
As of August 14, 2014, hospitalized cases in different treatment centers are 18 in number:
• Guéckédou: 11 cases including nine confirmed and two suspected
• Conakry: 4 cases confirmed.
• Siguiri: 1 confirmed case
• Pita: 1 confirmed case and one suspect
That makes a total of 15 confirmed and three suspected cases in treatment centers.
7 (seven) previously affected prefectures (Telimele, Kissidougou Dabola Dinguiraye Kouroussa and Boffa) did not report any new cases this week. statement of national health emergency by the president on the response against the Ebola epidemic in Guinea is made and is currently being application.
Installation teams sanitary control is being identified at 41 border crossings. 10 (ten) Trucks of sanitary materials left Conakry prefectures.
There are particular concerns along the border with Liberia and Sierra Leone mainly Macenta and Pamelap where specific measures are being taken to better control the movement of people.