Via the South China Morning Post: Nigerian staying at Hong Kong's Chungking Mansions suspected to have Ebola, says Centre for Health Protection. Excerpt:
A 31-year-old Nigerian man was admitted to a Hong Kong hospital on Sunday suspected to be suffering from the deadly Ebola virus, the city's Centre for Health Protection (CHP) said.
The centre is expected to announce tests result in the next few hours. If confirmed, it would be the first case of Ebola in Asia.
The Nigerian arrived in Hong Kong from Nigeria on Thursday and had been staying at a guest house in Chungking Mansions in Tsim Sha Tsui, according to reports in the Chinese-language press.
A security guard at Chungking Mansions said the man asked him for help this morning, saying he felt sick. The security guard called an ambulance, which took the man to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at around 11am. He was transferred to the Infectious Disease Centre at Princess Margaret Hospital on Sunday evening.
The man was experiencing diarrhoea, one of the fatal disease’s early symptoms, hospital sources said.
The Department of Health this afternoon said it would not comment on individual cases and would make a public announcement if any case is confirmed.