Via Mirror Online: Ebola outbreak: First picture of Irish man health officials fear may have died from deadly virus. Click through for the full report and the photo referred to. It has no mention of what Mr. Quinn was doing in Sierra Leone. Excerpt:
This picture shows a 44-year-old man who has been killed in the first ever suspected case of the Ebola virus in Ireland.
Dessie Quinn, who had been working in Sierra Leone, which has recorded almost 1,000 cases of the virus, returned home to see his family in Donegal last week.
It's understood Mr Quinn, who is from Mountcharles, was being treated for a suspected case of malaria when he died in his parents home on Wednesday night.
His body was then transferred to Letterkenny General Hospital where it was placed in a sealed off area to be tested for the lethal virus.
A HSE statement confirmed officials are testing the Mr Quinn's body for the deadly virus.
It read: "We await the outcome of the laboratory tests before we will know whether or not this individual had contracted Ebola virus disease.
"The appropriate public health guidelines are being followed at every stage in this process as a precaution."
It's understood Mr Quinn was at a festival last week in his native Donegal.
A local man who knew the suspected victim revealed: "I met him at the festival in Mountcharles last Friday. "He was just home and as far as I know he was in Donegal since he came back from Sierra Leone.
"Everyone knew him. He was great company to be along with, he was a very nice fella."
Local priest Fr Adrian Gavigan, of Mountcharles, confirmed that he had visited Mr Quinn.
He said as far as he was concerned the dead man’s family knew nothing about an Ebola scare and everyone presumed he had died as a result of malaria.
He added that there had been no mention of Ebola until later today.
“I’m not sure how this has all come about. Perhaps if this was a year ago and Ebola was not being talked about, then we would not have this situation now.
“There was never any mention of Ebola and everyone just presumed that he was showing all the signs of malaria.
“I’m not sure how this has come out or how the hospital have come to this conclusion. I just hope for the family’s sake that this is not the case."
He added that there had been no isolation precautions at the man’s home and said the Quinn family are very well-known in the area and very well respected.
He added: “This has come as an awful shock to them. I genuinely hope that this is not confirmed."