Via ReliefWeb, a report from WHO and the government of Nigeria: Ebola Virus Disease - Nigeria Daily Situation Report (SitRep No: 28), 27th August 2014. Click through to download the PDF.
• One new confirmed case in a deceased doctor in Port Harcourt who treated a suspected case who was a primary contact to the index case but defaulted follow up and travelled to Port harcourt. The second new confirmed case is the spouse of a confirmed case who has been discharged.
• Three suspected cases were reported today consisting of the spouse of the deceased confirmed case in Port Harcourt, a primary contact of the index case and a secondary contact of a primary contact of the index case.
• A multi-disciplinary team was deployed to Port Harcourt today to investigate the outbreak and trace all contacts immediately.
• Seventy new contacts were listed today
• Daily coordination meeting held by the Ebola Emergency Operations Center (EEOC)
• Coordinated the discharge of one confirmed case.
• Supported the deployment of a team to Port Harcourt.
• Preliminary findings of the assessment of community and health care facilities preparedness for Ebola virus disease outbreak in Lagos State presented and discussed.
3.- Case Management and Infection Prevention & Control
• Only one confirmed case is currently on admission in the Ebola Treatment Centre
• 9 Doctors, 14 Nurses and 16 IPC staff (8 Hygienists and 8 Ward Attendants)
• Completed decontamination of equipment, pharmacy, lab, ambulance and late doctor’s car etc. at First Consultant hospital
• Decontamination and removal of abandoned items of one of the primary contacts from NNPC.
• Medical pick up of new suspect and decontamination of home environment.
• Response team already in Port Harcourt for decontamination procedures
• Decontamination and cleaning of IDH holding place also done.
• 97% (137/141) of contacts followed up today
• 56.3% of the 342 registered contacts have exited 21 days follow up
• Continued contact listing for the probable case and the deceased doctor in Port Harcourt
• Follow up of discharged suspected cases as contacts
• Two alerts/rumors were investigated.