The Ministry of Health has published EBOLA RDC - Evolution of the response to the Ebola epidemic in North Kivu province as of Sunday August 12. The Google translation and then a comment:
EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SITUATION IN NORTH KIVU PROVINCE
Sunday 12 August 2018
The epidemiological situation of the Ebola Virus Disease dated August 12, 2018:
• A total of 52 cases of haemorrhagic fever were reported in the region, 25 confirmed and 27 probable.
• 48 suspected cases are under investigation.
• 3 new confirmed cases, including 1 in Beni and 2 in Mangina (including a health staff from the Mangina Reference Health Center)
• 1 death of a confirmed case in Mabalako
• Alerts had been reported in the Idjwi Health Zone in South Kivu Province. The samples taken were analyzed at the Goma mobile laboratory and the tests were negative.
• To avoid that the total number of cases varies (up or down) daily, the suspect cases have been placed in a separate category. Thus, suspect cases with positive laboratory tests will be added to the confirmed category, while negative ones (non-cases) will be removed from the table.
• The category of probable cases includes all reported deaths for which it was not possible to obtain biological samples for laboratory confirmation. The investigations will determine whether these deaths are related to the epidemic or not.
Mabalako looks like the epicentre of the outbreak, with seven suspected cases today alone. I wish we knew more about the community; even Google and Wikipedia aren't much help. But I did find this image of the Mabalako Health Centre: