Via Baoding Ribao in Hebei province, where 11 people remain quarantined after an outbreak of H5N2 on their farm, advice from a veterinary officer: Scientific farming to combat avian flu. Excerpt from a Google translation:
Strengthen management is the prevention of animal diseases prerequisite for all good, scientific farming methods are crucial to prevent avian influenza, the only scientific rearing of poultry in order to ensure optimal growth state, and have good disease resistance. From the reality of the situation, you should do the following:
(1) shall be in the indoor breeding poultry farms away from residential areas, markets, public places, transportation hubs and other animal production sites and related facilities, away from wild birds inhabiting rivers and lakes.
(2) prohibit the different poultry such as chickens, ducks, geese polyculture, polyculture banned poultry and pigs.
(3) the poultry house sparrows and other birds and mice forbidden to enter, these animals are usually carriers of pathogenic microorganisms.
(4) does not introduce eggs and poultry chicks from the affected areas, introduction must be healthy, no infectious diseases. Feeding system implementation all-in/all-out prohibited unsold birds live animal markets encore.
(5) make the daily disinfection of the poultry house and breeder of health, ground poultry house cleaning, disinfecting ground, before each feed poultry after slaughter and poultry should be thoroughly disinfected poultry houses.
(6) out of breeder poultry house should be disinfected, avoid walking door to door, unrelated persons can not enter poultry houses. On farms, passing vehicles and field area surrounding environment, hatchery, incubators, coop cages, staff hat and shoes must be disinfected. In the farms supplying staff should specifically set out in the channel, and its staff should be reliable conventional protective items cleaned and disinfected.