WHO has published its weekly Yellow fever situation report for September 30. Click or tap through to download the full report. The key updates:
Angola epidemiological update (as of 22 September):
• The last confirmed case had symptom onset on 23 June.
Democratic Republic of the Congo epidemiological update (as of 27 September):
• The last confirmed non-sylvatic case had symptom onset on 12 July.
• Five of the eight cases in Kinshasa province that were under investigation had a history of yellow fever vaccination have been ruled out as new yellow fever cases. Seven cases remain under investigation.
• The reactive vaccination campaign in Feshi and Mushenge Health Zones in Kwango province will begin next week.
• Republic of the Congo is planning a pre-emptive vaccination campaign.
The continuing detection and investigation of suspected and laboratory positive cases demonstrate that active surveillance is functioning well in some areas. Nevertheless, it is important to note the inherent difficulties in surveillance and laboratory confirmation capacities. It remains possible that detection of a case could be delayed in some remote areas. A strong and sustained surveillance effort is therefore more crucial than ever.