« How to pronounce "the"? | Main | The Rise of 'New English' »



It's not a mystery. It's called the Atlantic or Mid-Atlantic accent -- a blend of standard American and RP (British). It's a common thing for stage actors to pick up for their accent case, I recently used it playing a Wall Street Executive in a show set in the 30's. I describe it to those not familiar with it by "Think of Thurston Howell."

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Your Information

(Name is required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)

ESL/EFL Resources

My Blogs

Read The Tyee

November 2017

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30    

English Teacher's Visitors